We’re trying something new for tomorrow’s webinar: instead of a PDF, we’re turning our “Link Bank” into a Blog Post! That way, we can edit the list and add resources that are brought up during the webinar! We can also use this as a place to post webinar follow-ups.
It’s just a “test run”; but we hope that it makes finding the resources easier for everyone!
Brooks, Claire, and the rest of the STAR Net team
Virtual Programs 101: Behind the Scenes with STAR Net
Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. (ET), 2:00 p.m. (CT),1:00 p.m. (MT), 12:00 p.m. (PT)
Resources discussed by participants during the webinar:
Comparison Guide: Video Conferencing Tools for Your Nonprofit Detailed comparison between seven common video conferencing tools to find the one that may best suit your needs.
Flipgrid Social learning focused educational video sharing platform.
How do I start a live video on Instagram? Step by step instructions on how to use Instagram live.
Discord “Discord is the easiest way to communicate over voice, video, and text, whether you’re part of a school club, a nightly gaming group, a worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to hang out.”
Twitch “Twitch is the world’s leading live streaming platform for gamers and the things we love. Watch and chat now with millions of other fans from around the world.”
Roll20 “Play games anywhere. Share them with anyone. With Roll20® as your virtual tabletop, your adventures are limitless.”
Zoom “start or join a 100-person meeting with crystal-clear, face-to-face video, high quality screen sharing, and instant messaging – for free!”
Stormboard “Use Stormboard’s shared workspace to generate more ideas, and then prioritize, organize, and refine those ideas to make your meetings, brainstorms, and projects more productive and effective.”
Clutch “Join the community and import your game clips from PC, Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo Switch and more!”
North Central Regional Library North Central Regional Library’s Facebook page.
Mentimeter: Join a presentation Real-time input and opinions during Mentimeter presentations with live polls, quizzes, word clouds, Q&As and more.
Virtual Platforms for Running Programs
- Zoom Video Conferencing – https://zoom.us/
- GoTo Meeting – https://www.gotomeeting.com/
- Cisco Webex – https://www.webex.com/
- Google Hangouts – https://hangouts.google.com/
- Microsoft Teams – https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/group-chat-software
- Facebook Live – https://www.facebook.com/facebookmedia/solutions/facebook-live
- YouTube Live – https://www.youtube.com/
- STEAM Ahead at Home – http://www.starnetlibraries.org/resources/steam-ahead-at-home/
- Ready to Share with Patrons
- Virtual Program Ideas
- Professional Development for Library Staff
- “NASA At Home” Resources
- STEM Activity Clearinghouse – http://clearinghouse.starnetlibraries.org/
FREE STAR Net Resources!
- Archived and Upcoming Webinars:
- Partnerships Page
- Community Dialogues Page
- STAR Net Blog
- STAR Net at Conferences
- STAR Net YouTube Page (Subscribe!)
- STEM in Libraries
- All STAR Net How-to Videos: http://www.youtube.com/starnetlibraries
Follow the STAR Library Network
Additional NASA Resources
- NASA Launch Schedule
- NASA Museum Alliance Calendar
- NASA Downlink Recordings:
- NASA Downlink Schedule
- NASA TV
- NASA Social Media
- Ultra HD Videos
- All NASA Missions