To participate in this telecon, your library may use the call-in information below.
Date: November 21, 2017, Tuesday
Time: 12 Noon PT (3pm ET)
Topic: Choosing an InSight Landing Site
Dr. Matt Golombek will go through the process of selecting the landing site for the InSight mission to Mars.
Matt Golombek is the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) Project Scientist for the Mars Exploration Rover and working on the NASA’s InSight discovery program mission. InSight is an acronym for Interior Exploration using Seismic Investigations, Geodesy and Heat Transport. He is best known for his role as Project Scientist for NASA’s 1997 Mars Pathfinder mission to Mars and has spent the past 20 years heavily involved in the selection of all successful Mars landing sites.
Presentation materials will be posted on the NASA Nationwide website under “Current Telecon” at: https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/nnw/home.cfm
Login Information (case sensitive):
An archive of this training will be available on the NASA Nationwide website under “Telecon Archive” about a week following the live telecon.
This professional development telecon is intended to prepare you for your upcoming presentations and events. It is NOT to be shared LIVE in classrooms, museums or other venues. Do NOT share the telecon call-in information (phone number, passcode, etc) with others, and do NOT TWEET OR BLOG what’s being discussed in real time. Telecons are a time for YOU to become familiar with mission information BEFORE conducting your events.
TELECON ETIQUETTE – PLEASE READ:
1. When the telecon begins, please mute your phone while the speaker is talking.
2. If your phone doesn’t have a “mute” button, your phone may be muted by pressing “*6” (star six).
3. The “*6” feature is a toggle; your phone may be unmuted for questions by pressing “*6” again.
4. For technical problems encountered during the training, pressing “*0” (star zero) will signal the operator who can temporarily remove you from the telecon “room” to resolve the issue.
5. If entering the telecon after the recording has begun, please enter SILENTLY and do not announce your name as the recording will have already begun.
6. DO NOT place your phone on “hold” if music is played while the hold button is engaged, as the music will be heard by telecon listeners and will be disruptive to the speaker.