The Louisville Public Library has been a great friend to the STAR Net Project since it’s inception almost 10 years ago. They’re now looking for a new Director to carry on the amazing legacy of Beth Barrett, and requested we share this announcement with STAR Net libraries, as they’re the type of innovative individuals Louisville is looking for!
Completion of a Master’s degree program at an American Library Association accredited college or university with major coursework in Library Science and Museum Studies (or Anthropology), and a minimum of seven years of increasingly responsible experience in professional public library administration that included oversight of museum services. Experience must also have included at least five years of management and supervisory experience. Hands-on experience in both museum and library activities is preferred, as is experience working with a historical library collection. ALA certification as a Certified Public Library Administrator is also preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
The annual salary for this position is $103,188 – $153,504. Salary is complemented by an attractive benefits package including:
- Medical insurance offered through Kaiser Permanente with three plans to choose from: deductible HMO, high deductible health plan (no premium and a health savings account option), and a triple option point-of-service (POS) plan;
- Dental insurance offered through Delta Dental featuring the Dental PPO+ Premier Network benefit;
- Retirement: A 401(a) plan with a required 5% contribution and an employer match of 5.5%. Optional 457 plan and Roth IRA plan also available;
- Basic Life and ADD insurance offered at 2.5x annual salary up to a maximum of $300,000;
- Vision insurance offered through VSP with a no premium option for employee only coverage;
- Personal Leave Bank (PLB) offers paid time away from scheduled work for vacation, sick days, holiday observances, personal business, and the first 40 hours of scheduled working hours of FMLA. Accruals are based on years of service and increase at the 3, 5, 10, and 15-year mark;
- Short and Long-Term Disability: Short-term disability coverage is 100% paid by the City and offers a benefit of up to 67% of your weekly earnings up to a maximum of $950 per week after one-year of service. Long-term disability coverage is 100% paid by the City and offers a benefit of 60% of your monthly earnings up to a maximum of $7,000 per month after one-year of service.
Application and Recruitment Schedule
To be considered for this exceptional career opportunity, submit your résumé, cover letter, and a list of six work-related references (who will not be contacted without prior notice) by Wednesday, August 15, 2018. Résumé should reflect years and months of employment, beginning/ending dates as well as size of staff and budgets you have managed. Please submit your materials to: https://secure.cpshr.us/ escandidate/JobDetail?ID=36
For additional information about this position please contact:
Gloria M. Timmons
CPS HR Consulting
Candidates deemed to have the most relevant backgrounds will be invited to participate in a preliminary screening interview with the consultant. Those individuals determined to be best suited will be invited to participate further in a formal assessment process. An appointment is anticipated upon the completion of comprehensive reference and background checks.
Click here to view a PDF of the official recruiting brochure.
Leave A Comment