Lessons Learned from the Partners for Middle School STEM
Through the Partners for Middle School STEM initiative, 10 public library systems built multi-sector community partnerships to increase science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) learning opportunities for underserved youth, ages 10-13.
Their pilot programs revealed important aspects to consider when engaging tweens in STEM, which are explored here.
Participating Library Systems
- The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, OH
- Hartford Public Library, CT
- Gwinnett County Public Library, GA
- St. Louis County Library, MO
- Prince George’s County Memorial Library System, MD
- Algona Public Library, IA
- Chicago Public Library, IL
- Pioneer Library System, OK
- Durham County Library, NC
- Mount Vernon City Library, WA
Popular STEM Activities for Tweens