STEM Activity Clearinghouse
Search STAR Net‘s STEM Activity Clearinghouse for vetted hands-on STEM activities for all age levels and related resources. Use search tools to filter activities by content area, age group, time to complete activity, time needed to prep activity, cost associated with activity materials, difficulty level (by content), or mess level.
Also check out:
- STEM in Libraries Group on Facebook, initiated by the American Library Association “STEM in Libraries” Member Interest Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/STEMinLibraries
- STEM in Libraries, with ideas and resources from a group of library staff running STEM programs: https://steminlibraries.com
- Libraries Ready to Code, an initiative by the American Library Association. Preview resources now; full site launches late 2018: http://www.ala.org/tools/readytocode
- Bedtime Math: resources for libraries include a daily math challenge, app, books, and more: http://bedtimemath.org/bedtime-math-for-libraries
Library staff have also had luck with the following sources (although we recommend that you check in with a trusted STEM partner or educator on activities before you use them, just to be sure that the activity has accurate information and follows promising practices in facilitating STEM learning).
- LEGO WeDo
- Homeschoolers are a great online resource
- Creating kits and sharing resources and equipment.
- Don’t recreate the wheel.
- Using Pinterest to get ideas for STEM activities for various age groups.